Life Extension Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D - 200 Capsules
Life Extension’s Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D is a vitamin D-rich calcium supplement used to support optimal bone health.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and is primarily found in the bones and teeth. In bone formation, calcium forms crystals that provide strength to maturing bone.
For more than bones
Calcium supports more than just healthy bones. It’s also important for muscle contraction, blood vessel contraction and expansion, secretion of hormones and enzymes, and sending messages through the nervous system.1 A meta-analysis of 40 clinical trials demonstrated a significant impact on already-healthy blood pressure as a result of increased calcium intake by an average 1,200 mg/day.2 In addition, scientific research suggests that increased intake of calcium may help maintain healthy weight.3,4
Calcium is an essential mineral that is often inadequately supplied, inefficiently absorbed or excreted faster than it is assimilated.5 The citrate salt of calcium has been shown to be well absorbed and utilized by the body.6 This is the form many doctors and nutritionists recommend.
Calcium citrate dissolves easily, even if one doesn’t have ample stomach acid. As many people naturally produce less acid as they age, calcium citrate is a good choice for older adults.1,7 The addition of vitamin D3 encourages calcium absorption and promotes healthy bone density. However, as people age, they often lose the ability to make vitamin D3.
Please see the Supplement Facts tab for a full listing of the Ingredients in this product. In summary, it contains: Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol), Calcium (as calcium citrate).
Dosage and Use
- Take one (1) capsule, one to four times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Scientific studies suggest calcium supplementation in divided doses with food in the morning and evening may yield the best results.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.