|Decreases cortisol levels and provides ingredients important for calm, sleep, and management of blood sugar*
Lagerstroemia speciosa (Banaba) leaf extract (2% corosolic acid): Corosolic acid selectively inhibits 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11β-HSD1), an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of cortisone into cortisol (1,2).* In a randomized study, corosolic acid was shown to significantly lower blood glucose levels by 20-30% after two weeks (3).*
Phosphatidylserine: Component of cell membranes important for receptor-mediated interactions (4).* Phosphatidylserine is thought to interact with cell membranes in order to dampen hypothalamic signaling and regulate the stress response (5).*
Glycine: Major inhibitory neurotransmitter that crosses the blood-brain barrier (6).* Binds receptors that regulate temperature during sleep (7).*
Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity (8-10).* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep (11-13).
Take 2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceeed suggested use.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use. Contains lecithin from soy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Rollinger J, et al. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18(4):1507-15.
2. Patel H, et al. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2015.
3. Judy W, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2003;87(1):115-7.
4. Monteleone P, et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;41:385-8.
5. Glade M and Smith K. Nutrition. 2015;31(6):781-6.
6. Kawai N, et al. Amino Acids. 2012;42(6):2129-37.
7. Kawai N, et al. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2015;40(6):1405-16.
8. Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.
9. Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.
10. Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.
11. Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
12. Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
13. Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Amount per serving
Proprietary Blend….. 1.2 g
Lagerstroemia speciosa (Banaba) leaf extract (2% corosolic acid), Phosphatidylserine, enriched soy lecithin**), Glycine, and Taurine.
**This product uses SerinAid® 50P (Phosphatidylserine enriched soy lecithin). SerinAid® is a registered trademark of Chemi Nutra.
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and Silicon dioxide.