Pure Encapsulations Alpha Lipoic Acid - 60 Capsules
Water and lipid soluble antioxidant; supports glucose metabolism and nerve health‡
- Optimal energy and nerve health‡
- Promotes metabolic energy production‡
- Helps maintain healthy glucose metabolism
- Supports nerve cell health‡
- Water and fat solubility provides exceptional versatility as an antioxidant‡
Alpha lipoic acid is both water and fat soluble which allows it to function in almost any part of the body as an antioxidant. A key component of the metabolic process, alpha lipoic acid produces energy in muscles and directs calories into energy production.1 In addition, it helps maintain healthy glucose metabolism, supports the nervous system and provides nutritional support for healthy liver function.2 In one study, alpha lipoic acid decreased serum lactate and pyruvate and promoted healthy glucose metabolism in lean and overweight individuals.3 Alpha lipoic acid supported nerve health in subjects who participated in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial.4 The ability of alpha lipoic acid to modulate nitric oxide metabolite activity and to promote healthy microcirculation accounted for its ability to promote nerve cell health in two separate studies.
Please see the Supplement Facts tab for a full listing of the Ingredients in this product. In summary, it contains: Alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid).
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg and 200 mg
- As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-4 times daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 400 mg and 600 mg
- As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.