Life Extension Melatonin 10 mg - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Melatonin increases the speed of falling asleep and adds to the quality of sleep. It also has a strong antioxidant property and is important for protecting cellular DNA.
Benefits at a Glance
- Promotes optimal sleep
- This formula contains 10 mg of melatonin
- Helps balance circadian rhythm and immune function
- Helps promote cellular DNA health
- Helps inhibit oxidative stress and free radicals
More Facts About Melatonin
Melatonin is a hormone derived from the amino acid tryptophan. Melatonin is primarily synthesized by our pineal gland and released mostly at night to make falling asleep easier. In addition to healthy sleep support, melatonin has strong antioxidant properties and has been shown to support immune health, and healthy brain function, and more.
Melatonin and sleep
A good night's sleep is crucial for overall health and well-being. But many people experience difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. Healthy sleep patterns are governed by your body's circadian rhythm, and melatonin helps keep your circadian rhythm in tune. But melatonin release declines with age, and can be affected by jet lag, shift work, and even vision health.
The Melatonin and oxidation
Melatonin also has strong antioxidant properties. It directly scavenges both hydroxyl and peroxyl free radicals, and it does so more effectively than most other antioxidants. It also greatly potentiates the efficiency of other endogenous and exogenous antioxidants.
Melatonin is especially important for healthy cellular DNA support because it helps inhibit peroxynitrite free radical reactions. Melatonin has been found to be better than glutathione-3, vitamin C, and even vitamin E at helping to inhibit oxidative damage.
Melatonin and immune health
Melatonin has a beneficial impact on the immune system—it activates T-helper cells, which trigger other immune cells to boost immune system response to foreign molecules.
Melatonin and cognitive health
Age-related cognitive decline may be directly correlated to melatonin levels. Melatonin supplementation can help support the brain's normal antioxidant protection, and help inhibit factors that can lead to cognitive decline.
Support optimal sleep and well-being. Add melatonin to your health regimen today!
For occasional sleeplessness.
- Take one (1) capsule 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Melatonin is naturally secreted from the pineal gland at night, and should be taken at night for optimal results.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are being treated for a medical condition (especially autoimmune or depressive disorders). Use caution if combining with alcohol. This product is not intended for children, pregnant or lactating women, or women trying to become pregnant. Do not attempt to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.