Life Extension Optimized Folate 1700 mcg - 100 Vegetarian Tablets
Our Optimized Folate formula promotes both cardiovascular and cognitive health with 1,700 mcg of folate in the form of 5-MTHF, the metabolically active form of folic acid.
Maintaining normal levels of homocysteine, a metabolic byproduct, is associated with both cardiovascular and cognitive health. The B vitamin folate helps maintain already healthy homocysteine levels. The RDA for folate for adults is 400 mcg a day. Our formula provides 1,700 mcg of folate in the form of L-Methylfolate.
Optimized Folate Benefits
- Supports both cardiovascular & cognitive health
- Helps maintain already-healthy homocysteine levels
- Delivers 1,700 mcg of the B vitamin folate
Folate, homocysteine & cardiovascular health
Folate helps maintain healthy homocysteine levels already within the normal range. By helping to inhibit excess homocysteine, folate supports healthy levels of this important cardiovascular health biomarker.1
5-MTHF, homocysteine & cognitive health
Since people with elevated homocysteine levels have a greater risk of cognitive decline, getting enough folate is especially crucial for aging individuals attempting to maintain cognitive health.2,3
Take alone or with B12 for enhanced effect
The RDA for folate for non-pregnant or lactating adults is 400 mcg a day. This formula delvers 1,700 mcg of 5-MTHF folate. If you’re looking for a higher dose, try our High Potency Optimized Folate formula, which delivers 8,500 mcg of 5-MTHF. You can combine either formula with vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin, vitamin B6 in either the pyridoxal 5’-phosphate or pyridoxine hydrochloride form, and/or riboflavin.
- Take one (1) tablet daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.