Our Only Must-Have Mineral?
Magnesium is a must-have supplement.
That’s right, a must-have supplement, one you should take as often as you could.
Why should you take it every day?
Why is Magnesium a Must-Have Supplement?
When it comes to supplements there are very few that fall into the “must-have” category.
In fact, you could almost argue that other than magnesium, there aren’t any others. An argument for vitamin K-2 can certainly be made, but we won’t go into that.
The reason we believe magnesium is a must-have is owing to the fact that it’s essential for more than 300 different enzymatic processes throughout the body, and because most people (80% of Americans) simply don’t get enough of it in their diet.
Now you should know that magnesium deficiencies are common only because depleted agriculture doesn’t provide nearly the amount of magnesium as is needed for biological processes.
The soil we grow our food in is lower in magnesium than it used to be, so the magnesium levels we need simply aren’t coming to us the way they should be.
So now that we’ve said that, you’re probably still wondering how important magnesium really is for your health.
Magnesium is vital in helping with the following health functions:
- It’s helpful in energy product as it activates adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
- Works to breakdown and digest proteins, carbohydrates, and fats
- Helps in the synthesis of RNA and DNA
- Vital in the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin
- Helps to balance blood sugar levels
- Works to relax blood vessels
- Influential in building strong bones and teeth
- Works with the body’s natural detoxification processes
- Regulates the synthesis of glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant
Yeah, magnesium can also help out with numerous other areas of health, which Dr. Wiggy has written about on the blog.
At the end of the day, magnesium is incredibly important to your health.
BUT, you have to make sure you’re taking the best kind of magnesium to help ensure you’re getting the maximum benefits.
This is why we offer Magnesium Malate.
Magnesium Malate is our preferred form of magnesium because it’s the easiest for your body to absorb.
Our magnesium malate is one of the most readily absorbed forms of magnesium on the planet. So when you take it you're truly getting your money's worth.
Another reason we really like it is because there's evidence showing it boosts energy production.
Here's the unique thing about this form of magnesium: unlike some of the other forms in the list, magnesium malate is chelated. Chelation is the bonding of metal ions (magnesium) with other compounds.
In this case, the malate that bonded to the magnesium is a derivative of malic acid - a natural fruit acid which plays a role in activating and making ATP (the energy units which power your cells).
This combination helps give your body clean cellular energy that aids in the completion of many other bodily functions, including:
- Maintaining normal muscle and nerve function
- Keeping heart rhythm steady
- Supporting a healthy immune system
- Keeping bones strong
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Promoting normal blood pressure
- Supporting energy metabolism and protein synthesis
So it's pretty obvious why you'd want to include magnesium malate in your supplement regimen, right?